PHILLY SOUR 500g
R2,357.50 incl. VAT
WildBrew™ Philly Sour 500g
Philly Sour 500g is a pure strain of active dried yeast classified as Lachancea spp.
Typical Analysis of Philly Sour Yeast:
- Per cent solids 93% – 96%
- Viability ≥ 1 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- STA1 gene Pure strain is STA1 negative
Contamination is undetectable by PCR test
- Bacteria <1 per 1 x 106 yeast cells
WILDBREW™ Philly Sour 500g
WildBrew™ Philly Sour is a unique species of Lachancea selected from nature by the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
(Patent pending N° PCT/US20 18/043 148). WildBrew™
Produces moderate amounts of lactic acid in addition to ethanol in one simple fermentation step. This first yeast in the WildBrew™ series is a great choice for innovative, sessionable sour beers with refreshing acidity and notes of stone fruit. With high attenuation, high flocculation and good head retention, an ideal yeast for traditional styles such as Berliner Weiss, Gose, American Lambic Style, American Wild Ales and its resistance to hops make it perfect for Sour IPA’s.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) WildBrew™ Philly Sour yeast exhibits:
- The fermentation can be completed in 10 days.
- High attenuation and High flocculation.
The aroma and flavour are sour, red apple and stone fruit, notably peach.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Philly Sour yeast when producing
traditional styles is 20°C(68°F) to 25°C(77°F).
- In the Lallemand standard conditions wort, typical pH of 3.2-3.5 and titratable acidity of
0.1-0.4% lactic acid is achieved. Higher lactic acid levels will be achieved in worts that
are higher in glucose.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.