• Recommended for white and rosé red wine production.
Highly recommended for barrel fermentation
• Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. cerevisiae
• High dominance when inoculated into must containing high numbers of wild strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
• Desirable fermentation temperature: 15-30°C (59-86°F). It is recommended to start the ferment at 17°C (62°F) or higher.
This yeast is sensitive to low temperatures <15°C (59°F) in clarified juices.
• Alcohol tolerance 15% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
• Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
• Short lag phase and moderate fermentation vigour.
• Very low production of H2S under low YAN conditions.
• Low-moderate production of SO2
Have a look at our Wine Yeast range.
DOSAGE RATE: 1 x 5g sachet for 4.5 – 23L
1. Rehydrate the yeast in 50ml of water, at a temperature between 35-37°C (95-98.6°F).
2. Dissolve by gently stirring and wait for 20 minutes.
3. Add the must. The difference in temperature between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should not be higher than 10°C (if necessary, acclimatize the temperature of the medium by slowly adding must).
4. The total rehydration time should not exceed 45 minutes.
5. It is crucial that a clean container is used to rehydrate the yeast.
6. Rehydration in must is not recommended.