- Short lag phase and moderately vigorous fermentation
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Low H2S production
- Alcohol tolerance 14% v/v *subject to fermentation
- Low SO2 production
- High relative glycerol production
- Fermentation temperature: 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)
- Competitive killer factor: no, Lalvin 71B™ is a sensitive strain
- Malolactic-bacteria compatibility: very high
- Malic acid consumption: high
- Medium foam producer
DOSAGE RATE: 1 x 5g sachet for 4.5 – 23L
1. Rehydrate the yeast in 50ml of water, at a temperature between 35-37°C (95-98.6°F).
2. Dissolve by gently stirring and wait for 20 minutes.
3. Add the must. The difference in temperature between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should not be higher than 10°C (if necessary, acclimatize the temperature of the medium by slowly adding must).
4. The total rehydration time should not exceed 45 minutes.
5. It is crucial that a clean container is used to rehydrate the yeast.
6. Rehydration in the must is not recommended.