Koppa Kleer – 10g sachet
R10.00 incl. VAT
- Koppa Kleer is a natural product that removes haze forming material without affecting head retention.
- Reduces the number of findings you would need later.
- Increases fermentation and attenuation rates.
- Increases your filter runs.
- Process times are reduced.
- Gives your beer a longer shelflife.
Only 5 left in stock
- Make up a solution of kettle finings by dissolving 1g of carrageenan product in a litre of boiling water. (This gives a 0.1% solution)
- Label seven 100 ml measuring cylinders in 5 ppm increments, including a 0 ppm control up to 30ppm
• Add a range of finings rates to the 100ml measuring cylinders using a 10ml pipette (0.5 ml of kettle findings solution = 5ppm).
- Take a wort sample (approx 2L) 15 minutes before the end of the boil and just before the addition of kettle findings.
- Fill the measuring cylinders with the hot wort to the 100ml mark.
- Record the wort clarity and appearance of the hot break.
- Cool by immersion in cold water in the bucket for 20 minutes.
- Allow to settle for 2 – 4 hrs and observe the appearance of the cold break, recording the wort clarity and cold break volume.
- Allow standing for a full 24 hours to get a final result.
The active ingredient in Koppakleer is a polysaccharide called carrageenan which is derived from seaweed. Carrageenan in solution is negatively charged, owing to the sulphate groups along the polysaccharide backbone. It is these charged sites that interact with wort proteins.
|Dimensions||10 × 6 × 1 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.