DistilaMax® RM – 500g
R417.00 incl. VAT
1. For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits recommend the rehydration of DistilaMax RM. 0.40 – 0.60g/L Potable Water 32°C – 36°C
2. Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast
and at a temperature of 32°C – 36°C).
3. Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 – 20 minutes maximum
(minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
4. Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C
between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly
into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
5. Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly
Only 5 left in stock
DistilaMax® RM has been selected by INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France) in partnership with
• DistilaMax RM is a yeast isolated in a tropical region and demonstrates good tolerance to high fermentation temperatures
and a wide pH range (3.3 – 5.3).
• The recommended fermentation temperature for DistilaMax RM is 25°C – 35°C.
• DistilaMax RM has been selected especially for the production of Rhum Agricole and is recommended for use in the
production of cane juice-based spirits, providing an excellent congener profile, aromatic complexity and quality of
• DistilaMax RM fermentations consistently meet the minimum specifications for the production of Rhum Agricole with the
production of volatiles substances over 2250 ppm.
- Solids (Dry Weight): 95.5 +/-2.5%
- Viable Cells (CFU/g): >2x10e10
- Total Wild Yeast (CFU/g): <1000
DistilaMax RM is not genetically modified and is Kosher.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.