DistilaMax® CN – 500g
R417.00 incl. VAT
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Fermentation of cachaça: 0.50 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 500 ppm).
- Fermentation of cane juice or cane molasses: direct pitching: 0.40 – 0.60 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 400 – 600 ppm).
INSTRUCTIONS OF USE FOR SUGAR CANE SPIRITS PRODUCTION:
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits recommend the rehydration of DistilaMax CN
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast
and at a temperature of 32°C – 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 – 20 minutes maximum
(minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
STORAGE, HANDLING & PACKAGING:
To the best of our knowledge, the information contained here is true and accurate.
However, any recommendations or suggestions are made without any warranty or guarantee since conditions and methods of use are beyond our control.
This information should not be considered as a recommendation that our products be used in violation of any patents.
DistilaMax CN should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
Packaging: DistilaMax CN is available in vacuum-sealed foil bags in boxes of 20 x 500 grams and 10kg.
Technical Data Sheet
Yeast selected by the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil)
for use in the production of Rum
4. Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C
between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly
into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
5. Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly
Only 5 left in stock
DistilaMax® CN is a natural strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae isolated by the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais in Brazil.
Due to its ability to work well on fresh sugar cane juice and cane molasses is recommended in the production of all the types of aromatic and complex rums and Rhum Agricole.
Displays a complex and well-balanced aromatic profile due to the production of key esters and phenyl-2 ethanol.
DistilaMax® CN shows hows good tolerance to osmotic stress and performs well in adverse conditions, at high temperatures up to 40°C and a pH range of 3.4 – 5.3.
- Solids (Dry Weight): 95.5 +/-2.5%
- Viable Cells (Cells/g): >1x10e10 Total
- Wild Yeast (CFU/g): <1000
DistilaMax CN is not genetically modified and is Kosher.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.