In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew Belle Saison™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 10 days. The majority of fermentation is complete after the first 4 days, with gravity continuing to drop slowly thereafter due to glucoamylase activity. Ensure final gravity is stable prior to packaging.
- Very High Attenuation and Low Flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is traditional of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Belle Saison™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 20 – 35°C (68 – 95°F)
- This strain is POF Positive.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains are capable of utilizing some types of dextrins. Extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.