Distilamax DS (Misc) – 500g
R475.00 incl. VAT
1. For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
2. Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast
and at a temperature of 32°C – 36°C).
3. Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 – 20 minutes maximum
(minimum 10 minutes) before moving on to the next step.
4. Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C
between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly
into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
5. Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly
Out of stock
- DistilaMax DS has been selected especially for a rapid fermentation start and strong stress tolerance; a rapid
start helps keep bacterial contaminants in check.
- Has an increased tolerance to high mash gravity, low pH, high alcohol content and high acidity
which helps to ensure optimal alcohol by enabling fermentation to finish, even in adverse conditions.
- Well-suited to fermenting a broad range of mash styles and produces a congener profile that
is able to benefit spirits such as vodka and neutral grain alcohol
- Solids (Dry Weight): 95.5 +/-2.5%
- Viable Cells (CFU/g): >1x10e10
- Total Wild Yeast (CFU/g): <1000
DistilaMax DS is not genetically modified and is Kosher.
See all available DtistilaMax yeasts at Cactus Craft.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.